Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

Wishing all my readers a (belated) Happy New Year and best wishes for whatever 2016 brings you!
This is already shaping up to be an exciting year for me, so just to give you all a taster of what I have planed this year in my life Beyond the Doctorate:

  • I will be finishing my first placement at my job in two weeks, and then will be spending 4 months in a secondment to UCL. I am very excited to return to where I completed my Master's in Medieval Students and work with the library there.
  • I have positive indications that my thesis may be accepted for publication so will be working on revising that!
  • My pet project, the Medieval Texts Translation Project has reached the final stages of the Oxford IT Innovation Seed Fund and I will be pitching for funding in February. 
  • I am graduating in May and will finally get to don my doctorate robes!!
  • Also, in May I will begin the final placement in my job.
  • July is my conferencing month, where I will be presenting at the IMC Leeds and Harlaxton Symposium. You can read more about that here, and help me finance it here!
  • By August/September the next job hunt will begin as I am currently in a fixed-term position. But at present I don't know where or what that job will be.
Who knows what else this year may hold! I am toying with the idea of applying for some Junior Research Fellowships but currently I am enjoying my time in alternative academia and focused on doing the best I can in my current job.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. Comments are moderated for spam and offensive language.